Monday, December 27, 2010

Backyard Carnage, Routine Breakers Part 3

Days 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9

Day 5: Washing and drying dishes on opposite sides of the sink. I don't have a dishwasher; it's all done by hand. Switching the two sides is quite tricky, because there's not much space and I don't usually need to think about how to turn and move things to keep from whacking into the faucet or other dishes.

Day 6: I switched sides of the bed with Rob. (Sleeping, that is.) Isn't he a good sport?

Day 7: Merry Christmas to all! Instead of using my automatic coffee maker, I made all my coffee today by dripping it directly into my mug with a filter holder.


The coffee tasted great, and it was a bit stronger than usual, but it's a pain in the butt standing there and waiting to add more water as it drips, so I'm reverting to using my coffee maker.

Day 8: Sitting on the opposite side of the table while eating. No problem; I don't think I grew any new brain cells with this one.

Day 9:  I usually wait until New Year's Day to take down the Christmas decor,but I decided to do it early. Probably because right before the holidays, I bought a new tablecloth I really like.


A couple of days ago I was in the laundry room when I looked out the window and saw this:


Hawk? Falcon? I know nothing about birds. Let me know if you know what this is.
He was plucking and eating his pigeon for over an hour before he grabbed it in his talons and flew off over the fence.





3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Love these routine breakers. I feel so weird sleeping on my hubby's side, we even choose the same sleeping pattern at hotels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. I totally have TWO dishwashers... my two teenagers. muwhahahahahaaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom has one of those coffee thingys...I get it, but I don't want one! :)

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete