Friday, December 31, 2010

I'M A USEFUL MEMBER OF SOCIETY!

I got a job! I've been trying for months to get a job at the fitness center of the YMCA where I work-out 6 mornings a week. I thought that I was going to be hired back in October because one of the employees was leaving for the Peace Corps. But then there was a snag in his paperwork and he said he wouldn't be leaving till the end of March.

However, there was a sudden vacancy at the front desk, and some of the employees who know me put in a good word for me, and there I am! I have a part-time job as a "Member Services Associate". I'm thrilled to have my foot in the door, as well as getting free membership. Oh, have I mentioned that it's only a 5 minute walk from my house?

Oh, yes, so I believe this counts as a routine-breaker for Day 12: Filling out my employment paperwork and getting my first hour of training yesterday.

5 comments:

  1. congrats on your new job, Naomi!!!!!!!!! Things usually happen for a reason and bam, fate intervened and you're working! And get a free gym membership and can walk to work...so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Naomi! I'm so happy for you. And I'm sure a free gym membership isn't a bad extra benefit, either! Please keep us posted and have a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! And Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everyone! This is an auspicious start to 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Sounds like a fun job!!

    ReplyDelete