Friday, December 31, 2010

Creativity as a routine-breaker, Part IV

Day 10: Every time I throw out a toilet-paper roll (into the recycle bin), I always think that I should do something with it. I never know what, but something. This day, I was inspired by something I saw on the internet, so my routine-breaker was to quit procrastinating and do the same:

Done with a combo of stickers and Sharpie pens. He now lives on a ledge above my dining room window.

Day 11: No music or radio today. This was torture! I usually have the radio or my music library on all day. I had the constant, nagging feeling that I was missing something.

Day 12: This one deserves a post of its own; stay tuned.

Day 13: I wake up at 4:10am in the morning, start the coffee pot, and then do some mobility/warm-up exercises. Because I'm half-asleep, I do the exact same routine every morning. This is when routines are really useful, because you can get things done without thinking about them at all. But last night my brain was racing (because of events on the mysterious day 12) and woke up at 2:00am, so I messed around with my warm-up and added a new hip mobility exercise which will now be permanently added to my routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment