Saturday, October 30, 2010

It's not dead yet!

Why is the post-office like a serial killer?

You know how at the end of the movie the heroine stupidly thinks the killer is dead, so she turns her back on him and closes her eyes in relief? And that's when he pops up again with knife in hand?

Well, I can't tell you how many times over the years I've heard that the post-office is dead or will be soon, but I'm here to tell you that it's not.

Earlier this month, the owner/author of Love Manor graciously offered to send out  Halloween greetings to his readers, and I got my card yesterday:


I was so excited; it came in a black envelope with white ink, and a ribbon with a wax seal on it! (I managed to keep the seal intact, as you can see.)

Now, I can read Love Manor and leave comments instantaneously anytime I want, but it's just not the same as getting an actual letter or thing that can be touched and displayed.

So the moral of the story is: Don't turn your back on the post-office or it will stab you in the back. (Think they might want to use that as an ad campaign?)

2 comments:

  1. I know this is your Special Day: HWeen!!! (well, tomorrow)

    Just wanted to wish you and your fam an AWESOME HOLIDAY!!!!!!!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Halloween to you DragonMamma! Have a spooktacular evening! :o)

    ReplyDelete